So, I made the girl some Oliver and S sleepover pyjama’s in some lovely soft brushed cotton covered in rosebuds.
It only took a year. Yup, that’s right, I said a year. I made them both pyjama bottoms last year and then they got put on one side and I did no more. I dug them out again this week to finish off when I realised that she needs new pyjamas. They’re still slightly big now, luckily they were huge last year. These are the age 8, modelled by my 7 1/2 year old whose in age 9ish in shop bought clothes.
The pattern calls for contrast fabric for trouser cuffs, pocket tops and the facing. I cut up a charity shop find satin nighty for my contrast because the girl loves all things feely. Should’ve noticed sooner the garment I was cutting up was cut on the bias as my trouser cuffs, carefully cut horizontally in alignment with the garment came out bias cut too and were really hard to work with.
I actually made the facing in the brushed cotton, mainly for my own sanity. But that meant I had enough left to make some contrast cuffs for the top too.
All the contrast fabric has bias trim from the stash too, however its a bit hit and miss which way it’s facing!
So, one set of pyjamas finished and off the “to do pile”, one more to go. I guess this counts as seasonal sewing. I’m trying to bribe myself with some shopping for new fabric at the end of the month if I sew up some of my pile.