Bits and Bobs

It’s been one of those sorts of weeks around here. A chipping away at stuff kind of week.

Dislike

Dislike

First the bad news, I made another Day to Night T shirt and I hate it. I used the same pattern iteration as last time, so in theory it should work. But I hate it. I got this fabric to got with the lovely bundle of stuff that Crystal sent me (don’t ask for a progress report on that right now, ok), it was the best colour match in the shop, but its a horrible colour on me, what was I thinking of?

case in point

case in point

Also, its a slinky fabric that clings to every lump and bump and does nothing for me. I’m putting this photo up here to remind Future Me never to buy this kind of fabric again. I hate it. I know this. What was I thinking of?

check out that wavy collar

check out that wavy collar

Next up, in mixed news, hubby has been wearing his new waistcoat and doesn’t the colour look good with this shirt. I got lots of lovely comments about it, thank you and I know it’s not that bad, but you can see here, the trouble with the collar, which likes to roll up on itself.

gape

gape

Also, despite understitching the seam, the lining is still starting to bag out and I keep seeing flashes of it. It’s not as bad as on the last one but I’m wondering how I stop this happening in future. Do I need to topstitch this bottom hem? Or have a facing of main fabric along the bottom of the lining maybe?

scrap buster

scrap buster

Finally, on a good note, we have started a long process at home of swapping some rooms round, which will mean I get a better sewing space eventually. At the moment I’m sorting through some of my mounds of stuff and as part of that process I made a couple of “buffs” from scrap jersey. Now to find a child with a head small enough to wear them.

knickertastic

knickertastic

I also got myself some more psycadelic underwear to brighten up grey autumn mornings. This photo was taken indoors on a grey day so really doesn’t show you quite how bright they are. This pair are flowery at the back, teal at the front and have hot pink ribbing bands. I had to squeeze them out of the fabric so a bit of the margin printing shows, but I don’t care. Amazingly the flowers are still symmetrical a the back.

action shot

action shot

Finally, my new bag has been getting a lot of use and I’m particularly tickled by how it looks in the box on the front of my bike.

One thought on “Bits and Bobs

  1. Pingback: Happy New Year and all that Humbug | Prolific Project Starter

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s