So, I finished the hat!
My calculations were a bit off, so it’s come out as a large childs hat (my kids have inherited my large head). It’ll go on one side for now until I work out who to gift a hand wash only kids hat to. Or maybe it’d fit a small headed adult. Hmm.
I’m still in love with the yarn colours. The red feels quite different than the yellow or the green, which I had to knit double to make them work with the red. I was warned that I had picked three different types of yarn which would handle differently (I can only remember that one was Blue Faced Leicester, but I can’t remember which one). [edit: apparently the green is Blue Faced Leicester, the red is Masham and the yellow is White Faced Woodland] I knit it on 8mm dpns as they were what I could find. I tend to knit my hats in chunky yarn with a fairly tight tension that makes a firmish hat.
I have started a second hat with the leftovers but I’ve had to search for other yarn remnants to make enough for a hat. Which I think will probably also be child sized. I’m not too bothered, my hats all seem to find homes in the end!
I also need some more concentrated knitting time to finish the heel flap and turn the heel on my second sock. Hopefully before Wednesday as I’ve found out about a knitting group in a local pub, so I can then mindlessly knit rounds of sock foot whilst chatting.
But I’m also looking forward to doing some sewing. For a start (probably, unless I get distracted) I’m finally recutting my Jalie pattern pieces full sized (rather than how they came – half sized to be cut on the fold) so I can cut the dratted skittery stripey fabric I want to use. Which means I might finally be on theme for the Stashbusting Sewalong as May in knit fabric month.
Apologies to anyone looking forward to a Moomin related post, I’m just a bit random with my titles sometimes.